What distro are you running?

1. What distro are you running?
    I am currently running Ubuntu 20.04 with the latest kernel
  2. How long have you been using it?
    I have been using this build since May. I had it downloaded on release but was using PopOS!
  3. Do you plan to stick with it?
    I am a long time Ubuntu user. I was sold on it back in Ubuntu 7.04 and always kept up with the LTS as they have come out since. So yeah I intend on sticking with this for a while.

20.04 has replaced my everyday window use on my desktop. I am a heavy gamer and less a creator so really I have had no reason except gaming to not jump to Linux sooner and that has gotten far easier these days.

2 Likes

Fedora Workstation
5+ years
Absolutely !

All applications have been running on flatpaks for over a year now. This has stabilized the upgrade process from version to version. Fortunately, more and more applications are becoming flatpaks so this has made trying out new software even better.

1 Like

I use Artix linux. For one I am a package maintainer there too. Artix is Arch w/o systemd and has openrc/runit/s6 versions. I usually tend to install manually but have used the graphical installer

Currently, I run Ubuntu Proper on my Macbook, and a heavily modified version of Xubuntu on my main laptop. I might hop the Macbook over to Drauger OS later but for now since I don’t use it much I probably won’t. Main laptop is staying Xubuntu. It’s a production machine so can’t have it hopping too much.

My server is also running Ubuntu. And I have too much time and effort invested in that installation, and too many services relying on it to even think about hopping that.

My last device, a 2-in-1, is running Drauger OS. Cause why not?

I have RockPro64 running Ubuntu (surprise surprise) as well.

Not sure what imma put on my Raspberry Pi 8GB coming in the mail. Suggestions?

2 Likes

I have to say, I’ve never enjoyed another OS on my Pi than Raspbian. Welcome to the community, btw. You should join the Matrix room. :slight_smile:

For the past month or so I have been running EndeavourOS with Cinnamon DE as my daily driver. As it feels now I think I will keep running EnOS with one or another DE in the foreseeable future. Right now I am trying out the KDE desktop on EnOS. As a matter of fact I am posting this from EnOS-KDE.

1 Like

EndeavourOS is my second favorite Arch-based Linux distribution. Plasma is my favorite desktop. It’s a good combo, I hope you enjoy it. Also, consider joining the DLN Matrix room.

1 Like

That’s nice! Honestly most of the relatively short time that I have used Linux, I have been on Xfce. Tried other desktops but I always went back to it. Now with the move to EnOS I switched to Cinnamon and I should say it feels pretty solid and runs well. KDE is a kind of uncharted territory to me. I am learning how it works a little everyday and I am realy enjoying it.

1 Like
  1. What distro are you running?
    Linux Mint 20 (Cinnamon)
  2. How long have you been using it?
    Since 17 came out.
  3. Do you plan to stick with it?
    Yep. I’ve tried Ubuntu before Mint, but somehow Ubuntu and i don’t get along. I can’t really put my finger on it, but there’s no “chemistry”. At least not the way with Mint. Silly, i know, but i get things done more easily on Mint then on Ubuntu. (Allthough they’re mostly the same). I never could figure that one out.
    I’ve been looking at other distro’s as well, but for now, Mint still does it for me.

openSUSE Tumbleweed with Gnome.
2 yrs or so
This is home now.

ps - I started in 2002 with Lindows. Loved it and still miss it. IMHO, Mark Shuttleworth modeled his initial Ubuntu baby on Lindows (later to become Linspire).

Linux Mint Cinnamon is now my daily driver.

Almost three months into openSUSE Tumbleweed with Xfce and I would not have thought that it would run so great. I think the experiment is over and it never felt like one.

2 Likes

My daily driver is Pop!_OS 20.04 until Peppermint 11 comes out.
I’m also running

• Debian Stable
  • Xubuntu 20.04
  • Ubuntu 20.04

So you could say I’m in the apt camp. :smile:

I’ve been using Peppermint since version 2 and Ubuntu since 08.04 and plan to keep using them all in the future. I find Pop!_OS is great for desktop productivity but prefer lighter desktop for web development work.

• Manjaro i3 on my laptop
  • Void (with i3) on my desktop soon™️ (because I wish I’d left Void on my laptop)

This week I’m playing with Zorin Ultimate 15.3. So far so good. Works with SecureBoot, hasn’t given me any weird boot screens yet (knock on wood). No noticeable screen tearing issues which is a very common thing for the Intel Iris Plus on this laptop.

I’m waiting on 1 GB of RAM and an SSD for an old G3 iMac. I can’t wait because I saw that someone Void adjacent is cooking an up to date PPC spin of Void Linux and I want to try it out.

1 Like
  1. What distro are you running? Linux lite 5.0
  2. How long have you been using it? i left and came back a few months ago but i am a veteran user of Lite.
  3. Do you plan to stick with it? more Likely yes
  1. Chrome OS
  2. About three weeks and counting
  3. I do plan to stick with it! While I do use more traditional Linux distros for just about everything, Chrome OS seems like it’s going to be my primary option for my daily driver laptop for quite some time. Everything from better battery life to less maintenance, and having a proper support path makes it super appealing.
1 Like

1a - Work Machine (4th GEN i7 Dell with 32GB of RAM) - Currently Ubuntu Budgie 20.04 but that may change.
1b - Personal Laptop (7th GEN i7 with 16GB of RAM) - Currently Ubuntu MATE 20.10 and planning on sticking with it for now.
2. I’ve been using Ubuntu on and off since about 2008(ish). First version I tried was Jaunty Jackalope (9.04).
3. - I’m planning on sticking with the Ubuntu line at this point as it always runs reliably.

1 Like

Currently running Fedora 32 on my Inspiron 5593 (i7 10th gen, 16GB RAM). I dabbled with the beta for 33 yesterday and it crashed and burned for me. Can’t say I wasn’t warned though - “IT’S A BETA” is plastered all over the installer. I’ll give it another go when it reaches general availability.

1 Like