Pine64 Smart Watch Now Available

After multiple tries to flash the 1.4.0 firmware with both nRFConnect and Gadgetbridge, all 20’ish attempts failed, Even got into a bootloop one time, I finally managed to flash it. Siglo did it on the first attempt!

2 Likes

Just got mine and I’m loving it so far.

Is the step counter acting weird for anyone else? Mine seems to jump to higher numbers when I wave my hand a lot.

1 Like

It’s based on motion sensors in the watch, so any waves and such will count towards steps.

Good to know. Thanks for the info. Now that I think about it, it’s not really that bad. I guess I’m just getting used to the watch.

InfiniTime 1.5.0 fresh out!

They say should improve BLE connectivity :grinning: and early version of an alarm app

2 Likes

I spent about 3 hours in the Atlantic Ocean yesterday while wearing the PineTime. Waves 4 to 6 feet. From the shore to depths of approximately 12 feet. Very rough water and lots of fun riding the waves and swimming. The PineTime worked flawlessly.

3 Likes

The more I read (hear) about this, I am sold on getting one. My concern is, how often am I going to have to charge this? Once a week? Daily? I am already not great about charging my phone… :man_shrugging:

I get 2 full days. But then I’m often in full sun situations so I have to keep the display turned to the brightest setting.

1 Like

Mine lasts for about 1½ week with heart-rate monitor on, but only screen turn on with double tap, so it does not turn on when I turn my wrist.

2 Likes

Connectivity fix just released!

2 Likes

2 days isn’t bad, really. I think for the price it’s just worth getting… really…

1 Like

New release :slight_smile: with a really nice improvement of the watch wake on time!

3 Likes

I finally placed my first Pine64 order recently and it turned up today.

Three beautiful PineTImes…

Our kids have been wanting smart watches and now they are getting open-source ones for Christmas! :man_dancing: :penguin: :christmas_tree:

They look nice and the build quality seems good. Plugged them all in and seamlessly upgraded to the latest 1.7.1 firmware build.

3 Likes

I’m still running 1.2.0 firmware. How do I update? There are definitely connectivity issues for my PineWatch and GadgetBridge on my GrapheneOS phone.

I just used GadgetBridge on my phone. It’s Android but not GrapheneOS though.

You could try SIglo from a laptop with Bluetooth - it’s on Flathub.

I just reconnected it. I have been having to uninstall and reinstall GadgetBridge for it to reconnect. I’m hoping the firmware updates fix the problems. I just need to know how to update the firmware.

I thought you were going to wear all 3 like a Pine64 gansta until I read through the whole post… the kind that walk around town with a hitch in their step because the software isn’t quite finished yet.

1 Like

Since 1.2 there’s been good improvements on connectivity for me (think it was in v1.6)!

When it comes to updating the firmware, Siglo works very well for me.

Siglo Flatpak

When updating through Siglo, can I go directly to the most recent firmware or do I need to go through each update? Thanks

Working on updating it now through Siglo on the laptop. I need to get a Bluetooth card for my big desktop. I’m not on the laptop much.

I’m running 1.7.1 now. Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

2 Likes