Pine64 Smart Watch Now Available

Just ordered mine. Get one while you can.

5 Likes

It’s been for sale quite a while First it was the unsealed version, and a few months ago, they started offering the sealed version

I also ordered one :grinning:

It’s a shame though that for Canada, at least, the shipping fees were ridiculous. There was only one shipping option at 30 US $ to which an added 14 US $ of DHL fees (excluding actual duty) for clearing Custom.

I hope Pine64 gives people more shipping option in the future…

Now I wait with hopes of really enjoying the PineTime

Shipping for me was $11.99 for within the US. I’m looking forwarding to getting it and finding out what can be installed on it. I would be great if KDE Connect works on it or if there is a software suite I can install on the desktop to manage it.

2 Likes

Or everyone could make their own!

In this project, the guy takes an Arduino, and various modules, then removes the key components off the other boards. He had made a custom PCB where you reattach all those parts onto the single custom board.

Received mine today, charging :raised_hands:

Can’t wait to see what it can do!

8 Likes

I ordered mine, I can’t wait for it to arrive.

3 Likes

I was pleasantly surprised that @Spater received it so quickly. So I also ordered one.

2 Likes

Still waiting on mine. No word on whether it’s shipped but then Pine64 may not notify when it’s shipped.

2 Likes

As much of a fan as i am of Pine folks, I don’t (yet!) have a desire (nor bandwidth) to play or do dev stuff on this watch…I just want to get a smart watch that is functional, reasonably priced, and that i can feel good about supporting open source-friendly orgs (like Pine)…is it too early for me to get PineTime?? Looking at the marketing material for this watch, it seems like it might be geared more for dev. folks looking to hack on it, etc. If its too early for me to get this watch, can anyone recommend a not-Apple-level-priced smart watch that helps to support an org. who is open source (and Linux!) friendly?? Thanks!

1 Like

I got a notification that mine shipped on the 24th.

2 Likes

I think PineTime is the only option right now and it is damn cheap. Though I am not the target group, I wear real watches. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, I’m not a typical smart watch user (tending to prefer no watch or old school type of watch)…but I figured I’d give this one a shot…because i like the company and want to support them, but also it felt like an inexpensive way to try out a smart watch…but if this version of Pinttime is still more for devs/tinkerers, and not for the casual user, I’d be happy waiting. I guess i’ll give it a shot and see! :slight_smile:

Like what, a Casio F-91W?

No, but I have a cheap Casio that I use for running. My main watch is an analog Tissot. I also own a pocket watch that I inherited.

1 Like

I’m watching the tracking and mine hasn’t shipped yet. It is preparing to be shipped. It’s coming from China so maybe it will come by the end of August.

1 Like

Just ordered my PineTime as well.

I’m not a big SmartWatch guy, but when I found out that it works with FitoTrack (Open Source workout app on f-droid) it was a no-brainer for me.

5 Likes

I need to check out that app!

2 Likes

Just found out a day ago about Fito Track! I was using Strava, but will definitely try out Fito track.

I’ve downloaded it on F-droid but still didn’t manage to connect HR through Gadgetbridge…

1 Like

It made it here today. I did a quick unboxing video. Not going to put it out until the watch charges and I can look over the watch while it is on.

5 Likes