Pine64 Smart Watch Now Available

Mine must be on a slow boat from China.

1 Like

Mine shipped a week ago but even today it shows that itā€™s still in China.

1 Like

I also got mine yesterday.
I am really impressed by this $27 watch. :wink:

4 Likes

agreedā€¦ I just donā€™t understand why shipping to Canada is so expensive. We are not that far away. lol

I also payed more for shipping than the actual watch. :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m impressed so far too!

2 Likes

Received my watch today. Order time to in hand on wrist was 21 days.

Charged it. Loaded up gadgetbridge from fdroid onto my old Note 4 with Android 6. Verified the firmware and boom goes the dynamite. It paired and connected simultaneously with my bluetooth earbuds.

4 Likes

Just ordered mine today! Canā€™t wait! Thanks for this post or else I would have missed it.

2 Likes

I have been unable to keep the connection to Gadgetbridge active. Do you do anything special, or do you have the same issue as I do. The connection seems to hold for a few hours, then disappear and I have to re-pair the devices again.

Iā€™m joining in on the hype. Canā€™t wait for mine to arrive.

In GB there is a checkbox for ā€œReconnect Automaticallyā€ which is under the ā€œhamburgerā€ ā†’ settings ā†’ ā€œreconnect automaticallyā€. That fixed most of my problems but twice I had to reboot the watch (long-press on the side button) to get it to connect. This has happened after I left my phone for an extended period of time and upon returning, I had the re-connect issue. Iā€™m thinking that it needs to to be a button to make it ā€œdiscoverableā€ as it seems that once itā€™s paired, it doesnā€™t announce itself.

1 Like

Okay, so Iā€™m not alone with that issue.

Have you tried updating InfiniTime to 1.3.0?
I tried, but was not successful. Gadgetbridge did not even recognize the file as a firmware file and nRFConnect, would tranfser the file, but the PineTime would just display ā€œErrorā€ when the transfer was done.

Okay, tried updating the firmware again. This time I was successful. Running 1.3.0 now. :wink:

1 Like

Nice. Iā€™m going to do the same ā€“ still on 1.2 here.

Mine came to day. Had to connect and disconnect it a couple of times to sync with GadgetBridge.

4 Likes

I am running the 1.3.0 firmware since about two weeks and I have also experienced some connection issues (paired with a samsung S20 FE).

Pairing with gadgetbridge was easy and bluetooth connection is generally good. Although, I find that if the watch connection was lost or it disconnected due to distance with the phone the reconnection option in gadgetbridge rarely works for me. I had minor success by using the quit button in gadgetbridge and restarting the app. If not, a watch restart always does the job.

My battery though seems to charge up to 89% max, anyone has the same issue?

Sharing :grinning: Just out today Infinitime 1.4.0 !!

Iā€™ve updated my pinetime to 1.4.0 and the touch screen is definitely more snappy. Canā€™t wait to see if the fix for the battery status will show 100% on my next charging.

Also nice to be able to customize the PineTimeStyle watchface colors

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been trying to update mine all morning. Still havenā€™t succeeded though.

Updating the firmware is very hitā€™nā€™miss for me.

Siglo works very well for me.

Siglo Flatpak

Sorry to hear that.

I used Gadgetbridge V.0.59.2 and it went smoothly (maybe I was lucky)

Freshly updated to Gadgebridge v.0.59.2 and InfiniTime 1.4.0 (Flashed the firmware with Siglo)

Attached to Galaxy Note 4 Android 6.

After the first 6 hours, connectivity issues are much, much better.

1 Like