Linux Out Loud - Logo Contest = $100 Prize!

DLN Xtend is extending into a new name, “Linux Out Loud”.

We are already having fun playing with ideas for the intro, outro, and music. It should take a show where we have fun chatting with each other, and kick it up a notch.

I have no artistic ability when it comes to logos. I can dream up some fun ideas, but not be able to make them look quite right. This is why we are coming to you the Community. Help us launch Linux Out Loud in style! :smiley:

Community Powered Logo Contest

• Submit entries to comments@destinationlinux.org
  • Entries must include Source files (such as an SVG or PSD file)
    • designer’s choice of software but prefers it to be Linux accessible.
  • If we choose your logo / artwork then you’ll receive a $100.00 gift card.
  • Have entries submitted by January 31st, 2022

For more info, here is the announcement from Revisiting 2021 Predictions | DLN Xtend 90 - YouTube

13 Likes

Logo submitted :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Awesome, thank you!

3 Likes

Thinking a word merger might add to the asthetic. Feel free to anyone who’d like to use this for their submission(s).

L[o]ud
Lin[u]x
   [t]

L[o]ud
Lin[u]x
  [t]

L[o]ud
Lin[u]x
    [t]
7 Likes

That’s a cool idea too!

2 Likes

Good luck to all! Looking forward to seeing what the community comes up with.

5 Likes

Hey guys, first time here, but saw the announcement on TWIL and decided to go back to Inkscape after a long long time without using it, and take a shot with something that has a similar style to TWIL but with an extra touch of personality to it. Hopefully it will be good enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 Likes

I can’t wait to see it!

2 Likes

Submitted my attempt :smiley:

6 Likes

Got it! I think it turned out fun.

3 Likes

Just sent one over. Not quite happy with the text placement, but you guys have the source file to tweak if you want to! Good luck picking a logo!

4 Likes

Just squeaked by the deadline. When are these going to be revealed! I’m super excited to see some of these entries! We’ve got some pretty creative talent in the DLN community!

3 Likes

A text-only version (CLI) would actually be quite cool!

3 Likes

Hope you don’t mind all my revisions :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Quite a compliment

1 Like

Not sure I understand what you mean, but I sent in my submission, then added a bit and sent a second one, then added a bit more and sent a third in

Compliment in the sense that you’re spending extra time re-iterating to give the show the best logo you can.

1 Like

We have ad some super awesome submissions. Because I know the deadline was kinda tight, we are expanding it to January 31st.

3 Likes

I am not a designer, but I tried something too.

4 Likes