All Over the Place Linux Presumptions | DLN Xtend 93

On this episode of DLN Xtend we discuss what we take for granted the most in Linux.

Welcome to episode 93 of DLN Xtend. DLN Xtend is a community powered podcast. We take conversations from the DLN Community from places like the DLN Discourse Forums, Telegram group, Discord server and more. We also take topics from other shows around the network to give our takes.

00:00 Introduction
03:07 Linux Saloon
05:07 FLL
09:21 Broken Promises
13:42 Side Note
17:53 Name Change
20:14 Linux Presumptions
38:18 Racing Destruction Set
41:52 Mailfence + Thunderbird
46:28 Game of the Week
49:47 Close

Nate

Wendy

Matt

Community Powered Logo Contest

Contact info
Matt (Twitter @MattDLN)
Wendy (Mastodon @WendyDLN)
Nate (Website CubicleNate.com)

1 Like

Thanks for the interesting show today.

I do have a question for Nate though, which I am assuming that the answer will be yes to, since he is so deep into the C64 stuff, but just in case not, have you by chance heard of the VICE Commodore emulator?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VICE

1 Like

I was one heck of a crazy show!

If it has any relation to c64 something tells me @CubicleNate would be all over it whether he knows about it or not lol. His c64 obsession is almost as bad as his totally unhealthy one with OpenSuse.

2 Likes

Why, yes, I think this is a FANTASTIC emulator for all things Commodore. I have even written about it:

Of course, I think VICE on openSUSE is the sweet spot for me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ALMOST unhealthy, @mattdln… ALMOST. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yea, I figured that you had heard of it, but when Racing Destruction Set didn’t work on the Maxi, I figured that you would have given VICE a try to see if that worked on that, that’s the only reason I brought it up.

You have just spoken (written) my childhood favorite racing game! I was plagued with this as well up until recently when Robin from 8bit Show and Tell lead me to a solution. Here is my answer to it.

In short. there is a .D81 image that works fantastically well on the Maxi, interestingly, even better than VICE in regards to load times.