Desktop Showcase

My minimal install of Ubuntu with all installed Virtual Machines

Conky:
Yellow bars are size related (space)
Cyan bars and graphs are load related (time)
Pink are ZFS related (cache):

• The memory cache (L1ARC) and SSD cache (L2ARC) sizes: (uncompresed) compressed and the hit rates
  • The disk throughput is given as : Cyan, sum of 3 striped HDDs; Pink, SSD Read Cache + SSD Write Log

See also: What distro are you running? - #96 by BertN45

3 Likes

Maybe it’s a little bland but I like to keep it simple

1 Like

Peppermint OS 10 - Code Red

3 Likes

Arch Linux with i3wm

6 Likes

Just switched to Kubuntu 18.04 LTS with Unity style :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry for the “Spam” but as I said in a different topic I am a constant distrohopper.

Now it’s a plain Fedora 30 Workstation installation :smiley:

2 Likes

Nothing fancy just stock gnome with the arc-dark theme. BTW I use Arch :joy::joy:

I have several distros installed on partitions on several laptops. Some are stock, some I’ve tarted up with wallpapers and themes. The one I currently like best is the one I have on this install of EndeavourOS.

1 Like

Oh, and on another laptop, I found an Arch wallpaper that I like. As EndeavourOS announces itself as Arch in the grub menu on this laptop (no idea why) I decide to use this wallpaper

Decided to try Zorin out. Very pleasant experience.

1 Like

I’ve just dug out my “ye anciente” IBM Thinkpad T60, 3GB RAM, 1024x768 screen, Core2, with 320GB HDD. It had MX-18 (of course) from way back and I’ve done the upgrades.

It’s a bit slow to start up it works fine

2 Likes

Giving OpenSuse a try. Pretty amazing.

1 Like

I am thoroughly enjoying Salient OS, it’s an Arch distro optimized for gaming and youtube streaming. I have installed several games through Steam, and they are playing very nicely. It is running XFCE, and is hardly recognizable as XFCE. It is everything Windows SHOULD be, fun from the get go…

4 Likes

Are you using a launcher or a panel on the bottom?

That is the XFCE Launcher that Silent Robot must have populated with customer icons, not sure.

My very simple KDE desktop on top of Manjaro running on my Lenovo T430 which I recently bought, because apparently these are the ultimate Linux laptops. I’m a big fan of lighter wallpapers, so you can actually see the icons on the desktop.

4 Likes

My archdeepin Desktop:

2 Likes

EndeavourOS

2 Likes

KDE Neon on my laptop with layout inspired by Ubuntu MATE’s Contemporary layout.

Default activity already has Unity layout

4 Likes

HerbstluftWM on arch. Which is basically my default.

2 Likes