Desktop Showcase

I have it on a partition.It’s decent.Better default/themed than the Ubuntu version but the repos and update,…and store suck. It takes a bit of Synaptic magic to improve it.I’ll leave it for a while.It’s still pretty young and may have a future…dunno ?

1 Like

Screens THAT wide were MADE for auto-tiling!!! Very nice! :smiley:

1 Like

Here is a Linux Mint Cinnamon installation I’m using on my budget Laptop. Some custom coding on the theme was done and Icon Designs edited.

Normaly I feel most at home with an Arch based Distro using a Plasma Desktop. But having some clients with whom i use Linux Mint Desktop Environments i like keep to a Cinnamon installation.

What i like about the Mint Desktop Environments is that they are fast, super reliable, easy to use and when i do an installalation in another language i can still use english search terms in the launchers.

Using a Laptop which i bought new for 290$ I recognize that the Fans are not goin so crazy on Cinnamon as on an KDE under the same workload. Also feels a tiny bit smoother.

6 Likes

Same thing a little bit different:

2 Likes

It’s been a long time since I played with Ubuntu Budgie, I love the customization !

2 Likes

1 Like

SImple yet clean openSUSE TW with the Plasma desktop

1 Like

I use Qtile, but with some KDE Plasma themes, services and applications too. Gruvbox is my favorite theme and I tried to apply it everywhere possible, even on YouTube (with an addon). Over the course of over a year I moved from Konsole to Alacritty and landed on Kitty as my terminal emulator now.

Empty desktop

This is how my desktop looks if no application window is visible on the current virtual desktop.

fullscreen

A browser session

YouTube is themed with an addon “Enhancer for YouTube”, where I can enter any color value for specific parts. The screen shows Dolphin and a terminal, both with the same theme applied. I am pretty much a Firefox guy. And I like Dolphin a lot, it is by far one of the best GUI applications the Linux world offers.

fullscreen

Terminals

I have 3 terminals installed (left to right): Kitty, Alacritty, Konsole. Alacritty will be removed. They are all themed the same way and you almost can’t tell which of them is which. Konsole is the only one with a context menu on the right, which I like a lot. But Kitty is my default.

fullscreen

Projects

At last a screen how it can look if I am working on a project. It shows Vim on the left, Vifm (a Vim inspired file manager without GUI in the terminal) on the right top, right middle a terminal to execute commands and test script and right bottom where a tab completion addon for ZSH kicks in, which shows content of directories and a list to choose from to autocomplete cd command.

fullscreen

Edit: Added fullscreen links. Edited: Typos and such.

3 Likes

Seems like Qtile is using something like a taskbar in its top bar, interesting.

Here is mine, running Plasma on Mageia.

Qtile: The taskbar is an optional widget that displays the name of the window, it is not the default.

My recent style on openSUSE

1 Like

My setup I used to have on KDE Neon

1 Like

I used this style on Debian

2 Likes

My Host OS (Ubuntu 22.04 LTS), a minimal install :slight_smile:

My Communication VM (Xubuntu 22.04 LTS):

My Banking VM (Ubuntu 16.04 ESM)

My Jukebox VM (Windows XP Home)

3 Likes

Garuda Cinnamon

1 Like

My laptop running arch

and my desktop running EndevourOS

2 Likes

Old school desktop, old school system. Not Buster anymore, now it is Bullseye.

4 Likes

Just keeping it simple here. Haven’t had much time to customize.

1 Like

Back on Pop ! :smiley:

1 Like

My KDE setup with the taskbar mimicking my old XFCE layout from years back, it only covers the left monitor leaving the right for OBS and stuff.
Simple but I like it.

2 Likes