Windows Bad. OS X Inferior

I was just saying this to my work’s IT people the other day. Windows needs workspaces or virtual desktops badly.

Windows 10 does have virtual desktops, its lacking a few features like pushing windows between virtual desktops with keyboard and controlling which monitors have the virtual desktops but it is there and works well enough to be extremely useful day to day.

3 Likes

Yup, it’s one of the only “new features” I actually rejoiced at seeing when they finally implemented it. Very useful!

1 Like

Me: Unpinning Skype from taskbar
Windows 10: Better pin that Skype to taskbar

Me: Changes temperature to show in Celcius
Windows: I’ll show it in Celcius… Now it’s in Fahrenheit… Was it Celcius again? Fahrenheit is fine right? …

Windows update just made using my mouse scroll very annoying. Every little move scrolls far to much and that’s after setting it to minimum in options.

It’s getting worse apparently.

Now I kind of remember again why I left Windows. It’s stupid stuff like the image viewer needing a privacy statement for some reason. Why in the world would an app that you use to view your pictures need to tell you you don’t have any privacy? That rubbed me the wrong way.

2 Likes

Here’s another gripe to add to the list. Has anyone seen how BAD tab completion is in power shell? Every tab just auto completes the first file in whatever directory your in. It doesn’t give you a handy list of options for the command your typing, nope, just slams file names into your command without any regard for what you’re actually trying to do. Even when you want a file name and there are two similarly named files it doesn’t just complete the common element of the name and let you type the next distinguishing letter it just completes the whole name of the top most alphabetically sorted file. It’s actually slower.

1 Like

I’ve never tried PowerShell. Absolutely no reason to. I’ve been reluctantly having to use MSVSCode for work and the only feature I think makes it worthwhile is the liveshare to enable real-time collaborative editing.