What are your camera gear questions?

In thinking about the next Camera Corner on Hardwar Addicts, I want to know what questions you have. Drop your question here and I will see how many I can answer on the next episode.

3 Likes

What would you recommend to someone who would like to get into it, but doesn’t know anything about it, in terms of best brands, the current main stream tech, anything in particular to avoid, etc., for a good starting general purpose camera kit?

1 Like

What’s a great resource to learn how to use the camera for video?

2 Likes

I’d be interested in some advice for buying used / second hand cameras. Along the lines of how to quickly spot common problems or signs that the previous owner mistreated the device.

1 Like

You mentioned (most) DSLRs not being able to continuously record video. If I wanted to get a better alternative to a webcam, one that I might take into the field for video production, what would you suggest? I’m not looking for high-end gear, just something that’s reasonable and easy to work with. Thanks!

1 Like

Eric, that limitation applies mostly to recording video directly on the DLSR/mirrorless camera. You can get around it with an external recorder or a capture device that will stream the video feed to OBS.

2 Likes