OpenFun­­­

Clouds

9 Likes

58ce9a

3 Likes

Graph showing number of planets using curl. Starts at 1998 with one marked "earth" goes unchanged until 2021 when it peaks to 2 with label "mars"

3 Likes

Changing a light bulb

A window user, a Linux user and an apple user all need to change a lightbulb in their respective homes. They split up and the windows and apple user meet back up 5 minutes later

Windows User: Did you get it fixed?

Apple user: No, it can’t be changed so I need to find a new house; how about you?

Windows User: Yeah I changed it, but now the toilet won’t flush.

After some time the two become worried because the Linux user hasn’t come back yet. They go to his apartment and find him sitting in the middle of the floor with a set of instructions and a box of parts. The Windows user asks what he’s doing to which he replies “what does it look like? This lightbulb isn’t going to build itself”

15 Likes

:laughing: Yes, there’s truth in this!

2 Likes

An administrative department head, hardware engineer, and a programmer were riding in an experimental car they were developing down a mountain when the brakes went out and they subsequently crashed into the mountainside.

After the dust settled and they all three climbed out of the car, the administrative department head began evaluating the experience and said that he would contact an outside auditing firm to find the failure point in the manufacturing process. He would call a meeting of all department heads to review standard operating procedures and stress the importance that each department embrace an agile mindset, and hopefully be able to identify the issue in time for the topic of a paper and presentation at an upcoming symposium.

The hardware engineer, after a quick inspection, determined that the point of failure was the left rear brake line which could be plugged with a few tools he always carried with him in his backpack. He also said that the brake fluid could be topped off with engine oil even though it did not have the same viscosity as brake fluid by a factor of 1.35. After these simple repairs, the brakes would be functional to a capacity of 75% and they could continue their testing.

The programmer said, “Let’s just drive it down the rest of the mountain, and see if it happens again.”

12 Likes

… am I looking at a truck or a Raspberry Pi 4… I’m so confused…

12 Likes

It’s a ChevroPi TruckBerry. :smile:

3 Likes

Found this on Reddit this morning… As a long time KDE user I can relate :wink:

Original source

4 Likes

Guide to how packets traverse a network

7 Likes

LOL. Just image that on a token ring! Not my packet. Not my packet! NOT MY PACKET!!!

3 Likes

Too hilarious…

Yeah it was like that time I told the lady at the petrol station my password was Password123, Just came out and told her, what a goof. Still is actually… oops.

1 Like

Dilber

4 Likes

Saw this old ad somewhere on the Twitters… still applies!

7 Likes

fun

10 Likes

4 Likes

227800390_869335784006461_4230739453718857972_n

Totally guilty of this…

4 Likes

Happy Halloween everyone. I went full nerd on the pumpkin this year.

5 Likes

My history is better than my memory – but I always do this:

history | grep whatimlookingfor
1 Like