usermod -aG wheel jesus

4 Likes

@Ulfnic

usermod -aG wheel jesus

Doesn’t this have to be run as sudo? :innocent:

1 Like

Only if you are not root (God).

2 Likes

“The average linux user knows more about windows than the average windows user”:

6 Likes

I would say that this is definitely the case. It’s my observation that people who abandon Windose go in either one of two directions. 1) They don’t know what’s wrong and can’t/won’t take the time to know how to fix the problems, so they go to Mac. 2) They know exactly what’s wrong and know that it can’t truly be fixed, so they go to Linux. Just my observation.

3 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Oh yes
https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/1200278415590535168
https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/1200279985875046401

3 Likes

Me after trying out WSL… :wink:

Butterfly WSL Meme

2 Likes

10 Likes

Nice. I love Lupin as well so it is neat to see him immortalized in that way.

2 Likes

Just my interpretation but it feels like System1’s goal with WaterFox is to protect the privacy of it’s users from other companies so the user tracking and/or telemetry (the product) doesn’t leak out to their advertising competitors. So if you want to pay with your privacy, System1 becomes an alternative to Google.

I’d need to deep dive to give an accurate accounting but that’s the general feel I got. Interesting spin.

I’m like…Dude… :grin:

Dude

2 Likes

It goes back farther than just “these days.” In 1995 I was hired as the VP of MIS for a company. Every day I wore business casual attire. During my second week, the Executive VP stopped by and gave me $500 in cash and told me to go buy a suit.

4 Likes

Haha! “Keep the change ya filthy animal!”

1 Like

It’s sad though. A person should be credited for what he can do, what knowledge he posseses for the company, not how he looks. Looks are secondary imho.

One could argue looks also take effort and knowledge.

1 Like

Looks go away in time (unless one wants to spend cash to “enhance” his appearance), knowledge increases in time. I’d go for knowledge any time.