Looking for recommendation for a KVM

I am about to rebuild my home office desk setup. And I am going to take this opportunity to clean up the mess that have evolved over the past 4 years.

Use-case:
One Linux system and one (windows) work laptop. Each system already has it’s own dedicated monitors, so I don’t need to connect the monitors to the KVM. My goal is to get rid of the keyboard drawer (I currently have a keyboard and mouse on the desktop and another keyboard and mouse on the keyboard drawer) and down-size to a single keyboard and mouse.

One of the things that I’m looking is a KVM that supports hotkey switch (like you see on rack mount KVMs in data centers).

Does anyone have any experience with a KVM that fits this use-case?

The PiKVM supports hotkey switching–and then some. People do all kinds of configurations, using GPIO or USB or HDMI, or whatever a Pi can support.

You can get set up on a Pi 2 for a modest $30, or build a more fancy version, but even a pricier configuration will likely be cheaper than a commercial KVM.

Thanks, I’ll take a look at that. I do have several rpi-4’s laying around waiting for a new project.