Linux++ (May 31, 2020)

Originally published at: https://frontpagelinux.com/uncategorized/linux-plusplus-may-31-2020/

News from the GNU/Linux World, Issue 18, v05.25–31.2020 Hello and welcome to the nineteenth edition of Linux++, a weekly dive into the major topics, events, and headlines throughout the Linux world. This issue covers the week starting Monday, May 25, 2020 and ending Sunday, May 31, 2020. This is not meant to be a deep…

4 Likes

This was a great edition.

I enjoyed the interview with Ryan @dasgeek. I will quote a piece from it that I really liked:

I would love to get more involved in the digital divide and helping to educate newcomers to Linux on the importance of open source. Versus just wagging the proprietary bone of ‘look we finally have Microsoft Office’…I would rather promote LibreOffice, Krita, OBS, Kdenlive, Audacity, and projects that everyone can learn regardless of their financial standing.

That is exactly how I see it and I also try to promote open source alternatives at work, in my case in the education sector, even though it does not always work out.

Thank you Eric and thank you Ryan!

3 Likes