Linux++ (May 17, 2020)

Originally published at: https://frontpagelinux.com/uncategorized/linux-plusplus-may-17-2020/

News from the GNU/Linux World, Issue 16, v05.11-17.2020 Hello and welcome to the seventeenth edition of Linux++, a weekly dive into the major topics, events, and headlines throughout the Linux world. This issue covers the week starting Monday, May 11, 2020 and ending Sunday, May 17, 2020. This is not meant to be a deep…

1 Like

Wow. A 10 year old is involved in making the Ubuntu Unity Remix. Respect and great news. I really have to try it out. Although I am not sure anymore about Nautilus as the file manager. It lost so many features. I would probably use something else like UMix does.

As for Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix, I have a mixed feeling because you actually get most updates for the desktop (Cinnamon) through all the point releases of the lifetime of a Mint release whereas in Ubuntu LTS you do not or you rely on PPAs. Of course Joshua is right, on the interim releases you get all the newest packages and probably the newest features of the Cinnamon desktop.

1 Like