Lenovo seem to have descended into sheer insanity

When this article from The Register showed up in my RSS reader this morning, I had to double check to make sure it’s not April 1st all of a sudden. It does seem legit though, seen on Lenovo’s website (see screenshot).

I am quite simply baffled. Looking at the specs alone I’d struggle to justify spending €120 on this device. Does anyone have a clue what’s going on here?

1 Like

2 possibilites:

• Since all of the prices of the other items on the page end in “.99” I would say that it could be a mistake. However, the red “Priced Right” comment may be a snide remark indicating that it’s not a mistake.

• The other possibility may be an SEO and marketing trick. You will see this on ebay. When an item is out of stock, venders will inflate the price for a reason unknown to me.

1 Like

Who do they think they’re kidding? It’s got to be a bug or a typo, made by somebody with a twitching finger perhaps.
I don’t see any useful reason to do this, apart from @MarkofCain 's suggestion.

It does also mention that the device ships Android 6, so could it be old stock with information stored in a database format that causes errors on the current website? That wouldn’t explain the “priced right” mark though.

Its been de-googled and it turns out that’s the price of freedom.

1 Like

I’ve always assumed that’s a bot auto-matching demand/stock to price so if there’s a run on stock or say there’s only 1 left it might leave it at a ridiculous price upon sell out. I suppose it’s also a good tactic for making your stock look cheaper when it does come back.