Laptop choice

Hello,

Summer sales starts next month in my country and I might finally change for a laptop. I’ve looked at the possible choices for a while now and came down to this requirements :

• 14" or 15" screen, has to be good. After all it’s what you’re looking at all the time
  • AMD Ryzen 5 (series 3 or 4). Most of the time I don’t need a lot of power (light gaming) but I’d like to keep it a number of years and I have some plans for photo editing and digital drawings.
  • Azerty backlit keyboard
  • NVMe SSD, mini 500Go
  • No special needs on RAM (8 will do for now), battery performance, weight or connectivity (ethernet and sd card reader welcome but not a necessity). The usual nowadays would be ok.
  • Less than 1000€.

So far I have these candidates :

• Slimbook Pro X. I think it’s the best I can get while rewarding a linux company. Most expensive of the panel though.
  • Thinkpad E15. Looks a bit heavy but looks also very durable
  • Huawei Matebook D 2020. Would not have thought about it except for all the good reviews I read all over the web.
  • Asus Vivobook. Only one with a plastic case, even if of good quality according the reviews.

What do you think ? I was curious if anyone would come with a different recommendation :slightly_smiling_face:

You could also add something like this to the list:

1 Like

I just added this morning the Tuxedo Pulse to my little comparison spreadsheet :grin:
Apparently their Tuxedo OS is using Budgie so it’s right up my alley !

@ astronautsupplier : thanks for the advice ! Thinkpads were always on my radar for that specific reason.

1 Like