Is it possible to use 3 drive for 1 distro

I find that my 1tb drive is getting full really fast.I have 2 other drives on the system, 1tb and the other is 320gb. Can someone help with a possible program or system I can use to expand the system . Other than using CentOS and a raid set-up,I just want to see if will work and if it does then use it more often.

I’m not sure I fully understand your question.
I assume the other 2 drives have plenty of space left.
If so, you can edit fstab (sudo nano /etc/fstab) to connect a different drive or partition. It is difficult to explain it for your system, as I don’t know the partition names of the other drives.

But let’s assume your username is ken and the other 1TB drive is /dev/sdb with a large partition sdb1 and lets assume the filesystem for that partition is ext4. (You can use gparted to find out what the exact names are. Even a UUID, but I leave that out of this example.)
Create a folder Data in your home folder: mkdir /home/ken/Data
Then in /etc/fstab create a link on a new line:
/dev/sdb1 /home/ken/Data ext4 defaults,noatime,discard 0 2

I hope this will set you in the right direction. Again, it’s difficult to explain as there are a lot assumptions.

1 Like

I ended up just reinstalling Salient using LVM with raid flagged.I only used the two 1Tb.,drives,so now they are as 1.My 320 Gb I’m still using as a files backup.But thanks for the reply.Arch wiki eventually revealed the answered I was looking for,but it took me a while to find it.Lots of cross referencing but I did figure it out.
Fstab is still a bit of work for me but At least I am trying to learn.Even if its the hard way.

One of the best programs for this is gnome-disks it can handle things like mount points, f stab entries ,encrypted passphrases , automatic mounting for encrypted and non encrypted drives as well as being able to resize your drives.

1 Like

No problem, as long as you are happy with what you’re using. And we’ve all been there. I don’t know the ins and outs of fstab myself. I usually copy the part of my home directory and edit the parts that need editing. Maybe not the best practice, but it has always worked for me that way. :wink:

But I will encourage you to look into fstab, as it can be a valuable tool for mounting all kinds of partitions and network shares at boot time. But take your time to learn. Linux should be all about fun!

I never looked into that. Thanks for mentioning.

you’re welcome,
I would like to add that I have even used gnome-disks solely to transfer my home directory to a seperate drive all without touching the terminal as well as to manage the luks-keys for that particular drive. Its always one of the first programs I install on a new system.

I have fstab on my to learn list.That and chroot are two programs that seem to be used a lot to repair grub and seems to be a must learn thing.thanks for the reply.