- Ubuntu Studio 20.04 LTS. Up to date. Kernel 5.4.0-77-lowlatency
- wine --version = wine-6.0.1
- JamMananger XT (windows version – there is no Linux version)
- JamMan Stereo Guitar Looping Pedal (hardware)
- winetricks --version = 20200412
I’m trying to communicate to the above guitar looping pedal with their librarian software. It’s a windoze version so I’m using wine. The software installed. The Linux OS sees the pedal and reports it in lsusb, and lshw. BUT JamManager XT does’t see the device. I’ve never had to communicate though wine before – from my reading, it’s a pain and a shot in the dark.
It’s not as simple as specifying a drive in winecfg – no joy. I think part of the rub is that the pedal is installed in the Linux OS (and rightly so, I think) as a USB communication device and not as a USB storage device.
Anybody have any experience in this? Is there an open source replacement for this software?