GnuCash Alternatives

Great choice, I just used it again this past month to ready information for my tax preparer, and it made the process faster and better than all the solutions I have used in the past, so I will be in KmyMoney for the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

in google write how to add data to nosql database you will find many tutorials (depending on the nosql database you want to set up), for example if it is mongo db, visit mongo db etc, etc. snorlax
I cannot share links since I don’t know about what exact NoSQL database you are talking about.

Regards, Alex

Yeah, GnuCash works best if you know a bit about double-entry bookkeeping. Overkill for simple personal finances.

Don’t know if anyone is still looking at this, but I’m looking to give this a try: GitHub - actualbudget/actual-server: Actual's server

GnuCash Crash - I had to revert to an older version for a while when the crash-prone buggy update released. (Turns out Flatpaks are awesome like that! :-P) I believe it only took a few weeks for them to locate what was causing the crash and fixed it. Since then I’ve been on the recent updated version and have had no issues. Might be worth another look, unless KmyMoney fits the… erm… bill, as it were. :stuck_out_tongue:

Reviving an old thread is always fun. Now, more than 3 years later, I have since moved back to spreadsheets, Google Sheets, just so I can share with my wife more easily where our finances are currently.

3 Likes

Sometimes the beauty is in the simplicity lol. And if it’s not got ACTUAL account info or the Google account isn’t tied to anything important. I’ve done spreadsheets before too, sometimes it’s just easiest because they’re easy to fix and change. And there’s basically no overhead.

1 Like

Actual Budget is pretty good and the open source part is outstanding. https://actualbudget.org/ As soon as they have bank syncing, which is something they are working on, then it will be a very appealing project and probably something that could make some good commercial value.

Until the bank syncing happens I dont really have any incentive to use anything but spreadsheets so right now just using spreadsheets :smiley:

1 Like

This is what I keep coming back to. I started a Docker of Actual and it’s really nice, but if I’m manually doing it, a spreadsheet makes more sense for me. Which is a shame, I’d love to use the software more, especially one like that aimed at an envelope system.