Fun with Darktable

Another year, another vintage Minolta lens (this time a 135mm f/2.8 I picked up at a market stall for 50 bucks), and another flock of starlings.

2 Likes

Vintage lenses are so much fun. I know some are my of my favorites are. Nice find!

1 Like

Sometimes a kitten is just in the right place at the right time

• Nikon D7200
  • Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
  • ISO 100
  • f/2.8
  • 1/100 shutter speed
6 Likes

A cute feline in afternoon repose tugs at our heartstrings juxtaposed with the reality that an unchecked apex predator is willfully let outside to wreak havoc on the local ecosystems. Killing for fun, devastating bird and small wildlife populations.

I’m reminded of humanity with our ability cause destruction for the sake of capturing single moments of peace in between the destruction. The cat is both in the right place at the right time and in the wrong place at the right time. Bravo. Ars gratia artis, indeed.

Yep, they are an apex predator that helps keep the rabbits out of the garden, snakes out of the yard, and mice to a minimum in the house. Especially living in the country, and having a potato warehouse next door, there is no shortage of mice.

You know what? Cool.

IMG-20220331-1061 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr
At the County Fair.

4 Likes

Great photo!

I was trying out my new Fujifilm XR 16-80mm f/4 WR OIS lens on my X-Pro3. Can’t wait to slap it on the Fuji X-H2 I have on order for later this year (The X-H2S was introduced now, the X-H2 in September)…

Very nice steet photography shot!

Swedish Fish Bowl

Sony A100

Minolta
35-70mm lens at 35mm

1/60

F4.5

IS0 100

1 Like

Skittles Explostion

Cannon eos m6

15-45mm stock lens