Firefox 72.0.1 with Nest

Problem

I have a nest that I need to be able to access through nest website until I get a better non google camera. I can access video feed through every other browser I have tried(Web,Chrome,etc) I would like to stay with one browser only Firefox but nest is making that difficult for me. Any help will be appreciated.

Reason

I am newer to the show started listening at end of last year. I am currently in the process of degooglefying my life. I live in Tennessee and nest camera is on my lake property in Alabama so it will be the last piece of google to be replaced. Which means I still need to use the nest till after winter.

Distribution-DE-Hardware-Network

• Arch Linux 5.4.13-arch1-1 Gnome Desktop
  • Ryzen 7 2700x - 16GB ddr4-3200 - ROG Strix B450-F Gaming - Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ Rx580
  • Gigabit Fiber Hard line Connection

Can you elaborate on the Firefox issue. Are you getting an error message? What, specifically isn’t working?

The way nest works is you login to nest home on nest.com after that it loads you into your dashboard to select which camera feed you want to load dashboard where you select never loads just stays on the blue screen. Not sure how much that helps but give me a little bit and Ill see if I can pull a error log when loading it.

Well, start by telling us what happens when you try to navigate to that site using FF.

Nothing out of the normal happens until you login like stated above

Perhaps Firefox is blocking the video / audio? The newer versions do this by default. Their is a little graphic next to the lock icon in the address bar, click on that and then allow video from the Permissions selection. Hope that might work.

This is the 3 error I am collecting from debugger in firefox when loading nest.

Content Security Policy: Ignoring “https:” within script-src: ‘strict-dynamic’ specified
Content Security Policy: Ignoring “http:” within script-src: ‘strict-dynamic’ specified
Content Security Policy: Ignoring “'unsafe-inline'” within script-src: ‘strict-dynamic’ specified

I wonderbif Firefox is treatingbthis as a XSS issue?