DLN Xtend - Episode 2 - DLN Social Channels, Lukasz Erecinski of Pine64, Microsoft Surface Go Tablet, Issues with GNOME

In this episode we discuss the question of does the Destination Linux Network have too many social channels, discuss the interview with Lukasz of PINE64 and the implications of vendor/developer collaboration, Ryan’s experience with the Microsoft Surface Go Tablet and issues with GNOME that keep us from using it.

We know you are busy and appreciate you taking time out of your day to listen to our podcast. Thank you!

DLN Xtend Episode 2

5 Likes

Listening now :smiley:

1 Like

Hey there’s a DLN show missing from your list: DLN Xtend. You should review it sometimes too. Thank you for the show!

1 Like

Another great episode guys! I have to agree with you on the fact that I just can’t get behind GNOME/Mutter until the single thread issues stop.

1 Like

I have a feeling the DL crew are going to start refuting us on their show. I guess it’s only fair after all. :grin:

@EricAdams, I’m a bit behind but just listened to this today. So much there - thank you both! I think this will definitely inspire me to do some related posts on discourse, which is also my preferred medium for connecting with the community. BTW never had problems with Gnome, but the other day I mentioned mouse not being detected in VM when running Virtualbox on Gnome+Wayland. I wonder if there’s a link… I’m going to try running it under XFCE or Plasma too, as I install all three DEs. I know the feeling about not being able to trust a DE, that’s why I proceeded with caution moving from XFCE as my main DE under Debian 9, to Gnome under Debian 10. So far so good, apart from Virtualbox!

2 Likes

Am I the only one that thinks DLN Xtend got a rather soft release? I only found out it was a thing this week and have yet to listen (but looking forward to it).

3 Likes

I can’t remember how it was announced exactly, so I’m behind on episodes too, but I really like it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am still behind but I absolutely love it.

This one I heard just some days ago and I prefer Discourse. I am still a forum guy. Everything @EricAdams said about this kind of medium is true for me. I hope it was him because sometimes I am still not sure who is who. :slight_smile:

2 Likes