Destination Linux 193: Lenovo Giving Linux Some Love!

2 Likes

Great show until the end.

SCEA CONVINCED THEM IT WAS MORE IMPORTANT TO DO WHAT??! WHAT MANNER OF TROLLING IS THIS?

CURSE MY NON PATRON STATUS.

1 Like

Nothing to miss, it’s just @thatComputerKid reminding everying to check out the DLN store to get some cool stickers/shirts/mugs/ect and the new DL show logos are up there.

Oh and yeah… and all the fun live stuff that doesn’t make the cut :stuck_out_tongue:

I am so sorry LOL I did do that on purpose but it was too perfect to not end the show like that. :smiley:

1 Like

https://frontpagelinux.com/news/new-destination-linux-xonotic-server/

1 Like

Gah someone pinged me! Oh, yeah live show is awesome. No better way to spend a Saturday 1 PM till however late you can stay up cuz @MichaelTunnell never leaves :wink:

1 Like

I just to say that I disagree about not having fast internet everywhere in the US for the next 10 years. Actually you’ll have access to fast internet with low latency everywhere in the world very soon (even in the middle of the Pacific Ocean if you want) thanks to the 10 000 satellites of Starlink constellation from SpaceX or the 1500 satellites from OneWeb. Those are currently deploying to adress this exact problem and very soon you’ll have blazing fast internet in your car, your farm, in the airplane or wherever you want with only a very small sat dish (because the satellites are at a very low altitude). Internet will be everywhere, and maybe it should bring another debate if it’s good or not for mankind, but you’ll be able to play any online game everywhere even when you’ll be hiking in the mountains (which is creepy to me, but…)

1 Like

Thanks everyone - really enjoyed this - as usual - a very well-rounded show!

Can’t say anything Microsoft builds appeals to me, really, and I don’t trust them enough to want to install any of their products on my machines unless unavoidable… As @dasgeek says, I’m sure “they’re listening”(!)

Lenovo’s support for Linux is a good move forward, I think. From my experience and what I’ve heard, they’ve generally had strong compatibility with Linux, strong even for support of Qubes which I do find an interesting concept.

I notice the intro’s more musical this week too :wink:

Pretty soon, the sky will look like this at night if it keeps up

1598555359_Elon-Musk-has-too-many-satellites-in-orbit-research-is