Desktop Showcase

A Minimal Install of Ubuntu 19.10 as Host for Virtualbox.

1 Like

Sorry, I couldn’t stop myself…

Good luck this year, we both need it.

2 Likes

Oh would ya look at that. Yeah, definitely need some love this year, but I have a feeling you guys will be just fine. :+1:

1 Like

I have family and lots of friends that that graduated from Tennessee and always had the deepest respect for their program and our rivalry. Keep up your great posts!

1 Like

I had a 1st gen Samsung Chromebook (and gruellingly installed Debian 8 on it, taking like 20 hours), and I appreciate how difficult such an install can be.

1 Like

I won’t be listing that orange monochrome monitor, (which I used to play “Number Muncher” on when I was a kid) over on the “Favorite Obsolete Tech” thread:

1 Like

How did the install go at the end? Is it working or a little buggy. Which flavor did you install? I’ve got a Chromebook that I bought with Linux in mind.

I guess now you can use Crostini and install a containerized desktop like KDE. This is done in Crostini and not a version of KDE installed. All you get is a buggy KDE look but can go back and forth between Chrome and Crostini.

Nothing special. Discovered dash-to-panel and I like it more than dash-to-dock. Seven extensions including that one.

2 Likes

Loving KDE and Arch, Hating all docks/panels on my screen. I just don’t want anything on my screen.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Been working on this ArchBook set up lately. Falling in love with lxde+openbox.

7 Likes

That reminds me of Ubuntu back in the GTK2 days and Compiz.

My desktops this week. I’m starting to use VirtualBox more so I can slow down on my hopping.

Debian Cinnamon Bullseye 11

Arch KDE

8 Likes

My new desktop after moving for Host and 3 VMs to Ubuntu 20.04 and its family members.

The Host OS Ubuntu 20.04, the minimal install, but connected through rclone to the Google and MS One Drives, see Conky Disk Sizes :slight_smile: The ZFS file system is displayed as 3 datapools and the datasets sharing those datapools. Note that Dpool is striped (Raid-0) between the first part of the 1 TB drive and the 500 GB drive. The second part of the 1 TB contains the archives datapool.

The multimedia VM Ubuntu Mate 20.04 with Lollypop

The Ubuntu 20.04 VM for experiments with the ancient DOSSHELL and two working DOS games Winter and Wolfenstein. DOSBOX is great even the sound works!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Moved from Manjaro to Xubuntu, and loving how perfect this thing is. Butter smooth, fast and stable. Loving it as much as I ever did Manjaro tbh :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pop_OS / Gnome – adjusted and updated a few things since my last post.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Trying some ricing with bspwm and wanted to capture Rick and Morty color palette… What do you think?

6 Likes

I think it looks great. Very pleasing. Dark without being too dark and remaining colorful. I haven’t run bspwm myself. What is it that makes you want to use it over any other tiling WM?

1 Like