Crunchbang Wallpapers? #!

Anyone know where I can find a stash of the old Crunchbang Wallpapers?

Was looking for a cityscape background on a mono black and white background that used to be my favourite background image of all time.

Doing some sniffing around… I found a failed crowdfund project to make a repo for cunchbang assets:
CrunchBang File Repository - a Community crowdfunding project in Halifax by tadah

I tried the artwork section of the crunchbang.org forum but it seems all the pictures have been deleted or the forum isn’t serving them and forum registration is disabled.

So I tried archive.org at a date closely following the date of the last post in that section (late 2015) and success, the posts are populated with lots of mostly broken links but on a long shot what you’re looking for might be in there:

BunsenLabs is a community successor to Crunchbang and in ~late 2015-ish? they moved to their own forum with the same forum software/section format so there’s also this Artwork section but it’s all Bunsen Labs.

There’s also CrunchBang++ and CrunchBang-Monara.

Going through their repos or perhaps installing their various versions may reveal what you’re looking for in the background folders.

Also was it this background?

No luck on CrunchBang++ 9 or 10.1

EDIT: See my post below for the official .png file.

2 Likes

That was the one…

Is that a scaled down version or full sized?

1 Like

March 3rd 2023 EDIT: So I’m pulling the plug on the server I’ve been serving these wallpapers.So for all you completionists out there, you are SOL now. I’m sure they exist out there somewhere. :smile:

4 Likes

Now I am getting nostalgic.

2 Likes

March 3rd 2023 EDIT: So I’m pulling the plug on the server I’ve been serving these wallpapers.So for all you completionists out there, you are SOL now. I’m sure they exist out there somewhere. :smile:

(I tried to Base64 encode the whole thing into this post but Discourse rightly grumped at me, sorry.)

If I remember correctly Crunchbang 9 was also a better release.

I enjoyed CrunchBang 9, but also 10 and 11. Shame it was discontinued. Would have been nice to see it handed over to the community like Solus has done. :slight_smile:

Solus CrunchBang Spin !!

It is not exactly like it used to be but the Crunchbang community still exists and they created Bunsenlabs. I would definitely check them out. It is officially the successor to Crunchbang.

1 Like