Configuring Pipewire with Jack

System Particulars

• Arch Linux
  • Linux tekunen 6.0.10-arch2-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Sat, 26 Nov 2022 16:51:18 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux
  • Pipewire Server: Wireplumber 0.4.12

General Description

Currently, when routing programs through Jack, there is only output from the left speaker. I have been trying to figure out how to add the right speaker into my output, but am not really sure where to begin. Is there a particular file I need to edit, and if so, on whose end (a Wireplumber file or Jack, more specifically). Thanks for any input you might be able to provide; Jack is relatively new to me so coming to grips with it will be an interesting process, along with finding a tool that works well with screenreaders.

1 Like

When I have done routing on Pipewire using the Jack tools, there is an entry for left and right speakers. Do you see that at all? Feel free to share some screen / application images.

I haven’t found a utility that shows transports, or maybe most programs render them in a manner that the screenreader can’t access. I have tried qjackctl, carla, and catia recently. Maybe we could set up a meeting to go through some of the utilities? I know how to do the screenshots, but I’m not sure where specifically to take them (i.e. with which part of the application).

1 Like

Take pictures of the patch bay or sound device graph and send it here. I can try to help you here. I am not sure when I can set up a live interaction time but I would love to do so!

Okay, here they are. Sorry it took a while, I’ve been relatively busy.

Grab the header of the individual nodes and pull them apart so that we can see where they are connected.

Here are two screenshots from carla one with them jumbled and one with them in a legible space. Rearrange your nodes into a legible space and post that screenshot, please.

Screenshot_2022-12-07_18-18-50