Can we not create a signature?

Is it not possible to create a signature for the forum here?

I have never see the facility to do so

Regards Zeb…

Be Kind Whenever Possible… It is Always Possible - Dalai Lama

Linux User #565092
x64 Desktop - AMD Threadripper 2950X - 64Gb RAM - NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11Gb - 2 x 27" 4k 3840x2160 - 1 x 34" 5120x2160
x64 Laptop - i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz - 8Gb RAM - Nvidia GTX1050 4Gb - 15.6" HD 1920x1080

^^^ Copy n Paste

2 Likes

There’s a plugin for it: GitHub - discourse/discourse-signatures: A Discourse Plugin to show user signatures below posts

Personally I don’t mind them being gone. I’ve seen signatures done well (smaller fonts, no images, making them more “invisible”), but more often I’ve seen the opposite.

3 Likes

Agrred, usually, (or maybe more memorably) I think they are annoying, and often get old real quick even if they are amusing and kept small

I just wanted it for a salutation, but I digress.

If you edit your profile, the info you enter is part of your “card”. This is visible by clicking any given user’s icon. I think this is the Discourse version of a signature.

1 Like

honestly I hadn’t noticed that we did have the ability to do signatures until this thread was made but I personally don’t like signatures because they do often add clutter. I’ve seen forums where threads are 30% conversation and 70% signatures but it makes the page look like it is filled with content.

I just did what @EricAdams suggested so click on my avatar or name to see a bio I put there. This could be a signature as well. I think this would be a cleaner experience.

9 Likes

Maybe someone should tell Zeb signatures are old hat :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Ahh, I wondered what the “User Card” was - I should probably read more (some? any?) of the documentation

1 Like

If you send a message to discobot it takes you through a self-guided tour of Discourse. Pretty neat feature. You can read more about it here (blog post on the Discourse site).

1 Like

Old school guy with old school ways

Regards Zeb…

Be Kind Whenever Possible… It is Always Possible - Dalai Lama

Linux User #565092
x64 Desktop - AMD Threadripper 2950X - 64Gb RAM - NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11Gb - 2 x 27" 4k 3840x2160 - 1 x 34" 5120x2160
x64 Laptop - i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz - 8Gb RAM - Nvidia GTX1050 4Gb - 15.6" HD 1920x1080

^^ Just for you Tony :innocent:

5 Likes

I have to agree. Though I don’t have a ton of forum experience, this one so far just feels and looks so “clean.” I appreciate that.

6 Likes

We all know the phrase “a picture is worth a thousand words”. Well, we all get to have our own avatar picture. To me, that’s just as good as a signature, and much more concise. Sometimes even entertaining.

An avatar provides anyone with a huge ability to sufficiently sass off the world, if they just think it over and choose it well (or design it themselves).

1 Like