Can anyone recommend a USB switch that can handle wireless peripherals + support at least 3 computers?

So I wanna connect my peripherals to 3 PCs (2 Linux & 1 Windows). I have a Logitech G915 wireless gaming keyboard & M705 wireless mouse. I also have a K400 wireless keyboard + touchpad that I use from time to time when I need to be far away.

And out of curiosity, if it does work, will I still be able to reassign devices with Logitech Unifying Receiver or customize my G915 with G Hub (which is on Windows)?

While I prefer USB 3.0, I’m OK with 2.0, too since my main concern is wireless gaming keyboard, mice, and the keyboard+touchpad device.

Totally different question: can I customize my G915 on Linux?

Compatibility:
If you’re sharing your HIDs (Human Interface Device)s over a network only the host machine needs to recognize the hardware.

If you’re using something like a KVM switch where you press a physical button and your USB is detached and reattached to a different PC then it needs to work on all of them.

USB 2.0/3.0 doesn’t matter as long as the hardware/OS supports those standards which all mondern computers do.

Suggestion:
I’m assuming you want to go over network.

You can try Barrier which is an open source fork of Synergy (I think you have to pay to get encryption with Synergy).

That might? be the best solution for something that’s also Windows compatible.

2 Likes

Oh, I wasn’t planning on going over the network. Sorry for the confusion.

They are 3 laptops connected to 1 1080p monitor.

I can switch the monitor myself, since it’ just couple of button presses and I got the ports. Although display switching would be a bonus.

+1 for Barrier. Works great, even across multiple OS’s.

I’ll give this a whirl some time soon. Just don’t have the time at the moment.

Out of curiosity, Barrier is network-based, right? Would it even work if the company has firewall enabled that prevent a lot of software from running (e.g. TeamViewer and other remote support tools)?

It’ll be communicating over the local network which is usually open to any device talking to any device on that same network. Depends on how strict the setup is.