BTW Nate Runs Arch | Linux Out Loud 23

This week, Linux Out Loud chats about Nate running Arch.

Welcome to episode 23 of Linux Out Loud. We fired up our mics, connected those headphones as we searched the community for themes to expound upon. We kept the banter friendly, the conversation somewhat on topic, and had fun doing it.

00:00 Introduction
01:46 Wendy on DL
06:23 Solar Panel Update
10:31SteamDeck Upgrade
16:17 BTW Nate Runs Arch
30:15 Social Media Mess
44:15 Cubical Labs Sign
46:46 Game of the Week
52:53 Close

Join in the chat on the Discourse forum here:

Main Topic:

Wendy

Matt

Contact info
Matt (Twitter @MattGameSphere)
Wendy (Mastodon @WendyDLN)
Nate (Website CubicleNate.com)

Nate runs Arch???

BWAAAHAAAAHAAAA

3 Likes

Only SORT of…

1 Like

Whatever helps you sleep at night @CubicleNate :innocent:

3 Likes

Hey, it’s a start.

I used to distro-hop every year or so just to see what is new in Linux tech, or what new tech each Linux distro has incorporated. Then, I found a pattern. It seems to, IMHO, show up in Arch first.

I like to stay, as they say, on the leading edge, but not the bleeding edge.

This is what eventually led me to Arch. That and the usual 'start where ever you want, and that most eventually end up on Arch (or Gentoo). That plus it’s really @dasgeek fault. I learned about Garuda from him. I like Garuda, although it is too bloated for my taste, but it is what I run on my gaming rig.

Most of my other computers (laptops) are running EndeavourOS, with one running LMDE, which is my first experience with Cinnamon. All others are KDE Plasma, because @MichaelTunnell says that’s the way it should be (just kidding, of course). I have learned much about Plasma from @MichaelTunnell and I am grateful for him sharing his knowledge and experience.

2 Likes

I don’t know how “bloated” Garuda is, really, but I don’t have the personal discipline to run Arch based distros. The big difference with SteamOS is that it is a self maintaining system that I don’t have to worry about ensuring I update it when it needs to be updated. Valve takes care of it so it isn’t really the Arch experience. In my mind, the Arch experience is things breaking. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That said, for as long as this SteamDeck runs well, I will probably leave it as it is a fantastic little appliance to pick up, play games and put away for the next time.

1 Like

So it is only a click bait title. :smiley:

1 Like

Well, it was more like a title to continue giving @CubicleNate crap. Until he figures out a way to get OpenSUSE on there, we’ll give him crap about running Arch.

2 Likes

@CubicalNate, you’ve probably already found this information but Pure Sine Wave is the keyword for the inverter you want. Modified Sine Wave is like making AC with Minecraft.

1 Like

I don’t have much control over the inverter itself. That is part of the Generac system I purchased into.

Partially, I’d say. I think there is a bit of friendly ribbing / banter in there as well.

1 Like