Best tutorials for Mikrotik RouterOS

So I’m using a Mikrotik Router - but I would love to learn more about it (right now everything is working but I haven’t done much with it other than basically just getting it set up).

Was looking to see if anyone had some suggested tutorials on learning Mikrotik’s Router OS!

1 Like

Hi!
I have been learning a bit about RouterOS lately. Honestly, I haven’t reached further beyond the official documentation. Albeit, I have education and passion for networking. Furthermore, my experiences with some of MikroTik’s solution have left me. . . with more to desire in a professional environment (or anything I would want to experience as a consumer.) But, I have found ways to work beyond their shortcomings using B-B-B-Bash scripts that have been far more dependable for deployments for their Audience mesh solution. I need to sanitize the scripts a bit, but I’ll share them with DLN. Without doubt. Believe it.https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:TOC
Also, I too am on this journey to learn a bit more about RouterOS.

I have had a number of pain points deploying MikroTik Audience Mesh solutions to customers. I have updated my configuration so many times that my bash script has been left in the dust. Now I’m just using a flat text configuration file.
It’s quite simple to create a flat configuration file based on your working configuration.
Simply run the following command, and copy the output to paste into a text file.

/export

You can also export specific sections of the configuration.

/ip/addresses/export

I had my Boss-man reimburse me for purchasing this from the Null-byte shop. I have not started any of the courses, or really looked into them too deep. But, I thought it would be a good fundamental step towards a base education and maybe a cert in MikroTik. . . or Huawei >.>