Backed by the Bunch | Linux Out Loud 42

This week, Linux Out Loud chats about does crowdfunding pay off.

Welcome to episode 42 of Linux Out Loud. We fired up our mics, connected those headphones as we searched the community for themes to expound upon. We kept the banter friendly, the conversation somewhat on topic, and had fun doing it.

00:00:00 Introduction
00:02:28 3D Printer Fix
00:09:25 Cricut on Linux
00:19:31 New Build
00:29:21 Backed by the Bunch
00:41:07 DIY Lego Table
00:47:02 Fan Curve
00:50:37 IoT Security
01:02:01 Close

Wendy

Our sponsors:

Contact info
Matt (Twitter @MattTDN)
Wendy (Mastodon @WendyDLN)
Nate (Website CubicleNate.com)

Thought I would help you out with your Monitor Arm problems. I have the same Samsung G9 49" monitor. The monitor without the stand is 14.1 kg (30.08 lbs). This exceeds most monitor arms weight limits that I would qualify as “affordable.” However, I did find one Monitor Arm with gas springs that was rated for up to 33 lbs. This is the only one I could find 5 months ago when I was looking: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NLMLLT6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 .

I’ve been using it consistently and it does hold the weight and work well. My only complaint, is that I have to crank down on the forward/backward tilt screw to keep it from slipping and turning my monitor to face my keyboard. This prevents it from being able to be adjusted on-the-fly. So, find that sweet spot and torque the screw down.

1 Like

One other thing, once you tune the monitor arm for the weight of the monitor, be very careful taking the monitor off the arm. Once you remove that weight, that arm will snap up. So, make sure your face and/or knuckles aren’t over it or they will get popped.

1 Like