ASK US ANYTHING - Future Show Q&A

We thought it would be fun to do an Ask Us Anything (family friendly) edition of DL with the community. So post any questions you have about any of the crew members or the entire crew. We will then respond to them in a future episode of DL.

If you’re not familiar with IAMA popularized on Reddit, you can ask questions you want (family friendly) on any subject. It can be related to, personal, business, specific topics or questions you’ve always wanted to ask but too afraid to e-mail, etc. =)

Ex:

• What’s your favorite food

• Why did Michael by a stool?

• What’s your favorite music?

• How long does it take Michael to do his hair before each show?

1 Like

Why is Noah the only one not sporting a beard apart of the girls of course? :smiley:

1 Like

What’s your favorite guilty pleasure music/movie?

1 Like

What do you think about blender being used as a video editor in place of other opensource alternatives like Kdenlive.

2 Likes

Do any of you still keep music “offline”? This can be quite broad, including MP3 files on a hard drive, CDs or Vinyl, or anything in between.

Also, is @MichaelTunnell’s stool Open Source? :wink:

1 Like

If you were a super hero, which one would you be? Can be from any “universe”.

2 Likes

Q1: Microsoft BUYS Canonical… Now what do you do?

Q2: Valve releases the best kept secret of the modern universe… Half-Life 3 is a Linux-exclusive title, and will NOT port it to any other platform, including console. What impact could a scenario like this realistically play out on Linux?

Q3: Noah - In a weird quirk of nature, you are given a choice for all of your computers to be completely replaced with A.) Windows 8 (Not 8.1) - or - B.) Linux Mint 19.3 on BTRFS… whichever you pick, you will be doomed to stick with that system/OS for the rest of the year, unable to switch or even change DE’s. Which would you choose?!? :stuck_out_tongue:

Q4: If you could bring back a media-format of old, and have it somehow popularized today in such a way that it could become common place again, which would you choose? (i.e. 3.5’ floppies? Zip Disks? Laser Discs?, etc. etc.)

2 Likes

How many shows should DLN have ideally?

1 Like

Do you guys read fiction and, if so, what are some of your favorite books/series?

3 Likes

Why did you choose to make your own network rather than joining an existing one, or no network at all?

4 Likes

Are there any Microsoft products you guys would actually prefer to use if it were available on linux?

For me the only one I truly need/like is excel with its special table functionality that competitors like libre office don’t have

4 Likes

+1, I feel like i’ll enjoy the answer.

3 Likes

Another one from me. What, if any, formal IT qualifications do you guys have or recommend? Thanks.

Great questions so far, keep them coming

I’ve got another one:

Do you work from the desktop, (ie. use desktop icons)? Why or why not?

I ask this because I do, and I find it frustrating that desktop icons are a bad experience (in my opinion) in Gnome, which I think is otherwise a great desktop environment.

1 Like

What non-tech-related hobbies do you guys have?

…for instance SHAMELESS PLUG, I write books.

1 Like

Is it true that @MichaelTunnell actually has friends in IRL?

How often does @dasgeek have to replace/refill the bottles behind his monitor?

Would you guys consider making a shelter for stools? They must have a pretty bad rep by now so I guess there’s lots of abandoned stools that needs your help.

Do you like cotton candy?

2 Likes

Re: “Refill the bottles behind his monitor?”

Haha!!! That’s awesome! Glad the desk space is put to such good use. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like