Advent of Code 2020

Advent of Code 2020 has commenced.

For those who aren’t familiar, Advent of Code is an advent calendar with a set of programming challenges. You get to use this opportunity to learn a new programming language or use a language you are already familiar with to solve challenges everyday.

I took part and am curious to see if anybody among the DLN Community has taken part of the challenge. The more the merrier.

1 Like

Interesting.
https://adventofcode.com/

Advent of Code is an Advent calendar of small programming puzzles for a variety of skill sets and skill levels that can be solved in any programming language you like. People use them as a speed contest, interview prep, company training, university coursework, practice problems, or to challenge each other.

You don’t need a computer science background to participate - just a little programming knowledge and some problem solving skills will get you pretty far. Nor do you need a fancy computer; every problem has a solution that completes in at most 15 seconds on ten-year-old hardware.

Thanks for providing the link. I completely forgot to do that.

I’m not a programmer, but my son has really enjoyed these. He gives them high praise, and enjoyed growing in his understanding of Rust by doing last year’s Advent of Code. He didn’t get through every challenge, but that is the nice thing. If you get stuck on a challenge you can work at it for a week and use Advent of Code through out the year, and even go to past year’s challenges.

1 Like