A Linux artwork

That looks grate! My oldest daughter has starting using Krita for drawing. Let us know how the contest goes.

1 Like

would it be inappropriate to make this a full on linux artwork thread? I have made some linux “themed” paintings that I would love to share

1 Like

I do not think so. But feel free to open a new thread with a more fitting title where we can all share some Linux artwork. I do not think we have such a thread but you could search for it first.

3 Likes

Whatever way you think it’ll serve you and the community best.

Would love to see some artwork, you guys are like magicians to me.

2 Likes

I actually missed the deadline for the contest because it was in a different time zone than I am in! Ah, well. It was just an excuse to make something–so it did the trick!

2 Likes

I’m really glad this has prompted some interest! I love Linux artwork :smiley:

1 Like

Those pesky times zones!

1 Like

Another vote for Solus !!!

Love the art as well…

1 Like

Just made this over the weekend for a blenderartists.org weekend challenge with the prompt ‘ancient Rome.’ Made it using the FOSS program Blender, on Solus 4.3!

5 Likes

Made this animation in Blender on Solus!

https://cdn.fosstodon.org/media_attachments/files/107/231/641/870/892/484/original/2ae52827be6bda0f.mp4

5 Likes

Happy New Year all! I made a goofy Christmas #Blender render for a contest in Ian Hubert’s Discord around his “Dynamo Dream” world. I wanted to share it here! Hope you all have a safe start to 2022!

https://cdn.fosstodon.org/media_attachments/files/107/551/356/347/441/670/original/59f51f69a649fe77.mp4

4 Likes

Here’s another artwork I made recently on Solus in Blender!

6 Likes

Switched to Fedora and made a backrooms animation in Blender. Lots of fun learning how to use Blender to animate, mix the sound, add text, and more!

2 Likes

That’s great!

1 Like

A simplistic beautiful day drawn in Krita. I have been really getting into digital artwork.

1 Like

The dance

Decided to get back into animating on Krita.

5 Likes

Why does this remind me of when I have to dig for something in my wife’s purse?!?

2 Likes

Thank you! And your animation looks fantastic as well! I had no idea Krita could be used for 2D animation.

@Hacker_Planet Love the feel of your work. Very impressionist.

@jastombaugh That’s a funny analogy! Mine opted for a wallet, so I usually don’t get lost in the backrooms when trying to retrieve something!

Thank you @bhibb

Made in inkscape