A Linux artwork

Hey all!
I created this artwork for a contest and I thought I would post it here as well. This art was created completely using the FOSS application Blender.

Here you go! Let me know what you think.

16 Likes

That’s the Solus logo, right? I really liked Solus when I had it

1 Like

Yep, that’s Solus! I have a soft spot for the distro. Love that I can use both Budgie and Gnome 40 with it, too.

That’s a nice job :+1:
I see the pile of junk of windows laptops but it’s also a scale difference between the few linux compared to endless windows. The font is cool is blending nicely.
I’m less fond of the moon, it feels too artificial. I’d go with blurry stars only.
The only real problem I see is I can’t really tell on what the Solus logo is. Or is it floating ? :thinking:

1 Like

That looks grate! My oldest daughter has starting using Krita for drawing. Let us know how the contest goes.

1 Like

would it be inappropriate to make this a full on linux artwork thread? I have made some linux “themed” paintings that I would love to share

1 Like

I do not think so. But feel free to open a new thread with a more fitting title where we can all share some Linux artwork. I do not think we have such a thread but you could search for it first.

3 Likes

Whatever way you think it’ll serve you and the community best.

Would love to see some artwork, you guys are like magicians to me.

2 Likes

I actually missed the deadline for the contest because it was in a different time zone than I am in! Ah, well. It was just an excuse to make something–so it did the trick!

2 Likes

I’m really glad this has prompted some interest! I love Linux artwork :smiley:

1 Like

Those pesky times zones!

1 Like

Another vote for Solus !!!

Love the art as well…

1 Like

Just made this over the weekend for a blenderartists.org weekend challenge with the prompt ‘ancient Rome.’ Made it using the FOSS program Blender, on Solus 4.3!

5 Likes

Made this animation in Blender on Solus!

https://cdn.fosstodon.org/media_attachments/files/107/231/641/870/892/484/original/2ae52827be6bda0f.mp4

5 Likes

Happy New Year all! I made a goofy Christmas #Blender render for a contest in Ian Hubert’s Discord around his “Dynamo Dream” world. I wanted to share it here! Hope you all have a safe start to 2022!

https://cdn.fosstodon.org/media_attachments/files/107/551/356/347/441/670/original/59f51f69a649fe77.mp4

4 Likes

Here’s another artwork I made recently on Solus in Blender!

6 Likes

Switched to Fedora and made a backrooms animation in Blender. Lots of fun learning how to use Blender to animate, mix the sound, add text, and more!

2 Likes

That’s great!

1 Like

A simplistic beautiful day drawn in Krita. I have been really getting into digital artwork.

1 Like

The dance

Decided to get back into animating on Krita.

5 Likes