$25 Lan Camera with Telegram Integration

Hello again!
This week I heard about the Wyze camera which retails for $25. It has Wifi, night vision, motion detection and a super easy form factor for mounting. It is also using cloud connected services which I wanted to avoid. I found this github which essentially makes the camera a local wlan camera using rtsp. Various other things can be tied into it but I noticed a lot of people struggling to get the Telegram function to work correctly. I got it up and running today, and it’s awesome! I get telegram messages when the motion tracking is tripped and wanted to share the process.
Last time I made a tutorial here, it couldn’t do all my links and images SOOOOO here is a link to a PDF I made and shared on GitHub If anyone else has done things with this camera, I’d love to hear about it!

3 Likes

I love creating documentation and like the idea of doing it collaboratively. I just came up with an idea that I’ll post separately but if anyone looks at this, check out this possibility we can do together! https://www.mrbracchi.science/blog/2019/11/27/open-podcasting/

1 Like