234: GNOME 45, Ubuntu 23.10, Fedora 39, Linux Mint, Unity Fiasco, Purism & more Linux news!

1 Like

I think you are a bit harsh on Purism, but you are the only one I follow still covering them, so that is better for them than no coverage. I preordered the Librem 5 and got a prompt refund when the delivery date was pushed back (even though I wasn’t sure there was a refund policy for crowdfunders). That’s my only personal experience. At the volume they ship, the Chinese-made (US one is crazy) phone is not that expensive given the number of people they pay to work on software (who do push everything upstream where it is used by other Linux phones). It can be misleading to judge a tablet by CPU, ram, and storage. Fit and finish matter as well and I have never held any of these Linux tablets. Still I wouldn’t be surprised if it was overpriced. They do a decent job supporting the software for their devices over a long time though.

Thanks, @MichaelTunnell - I hope the rhymes at the end continue - made me chuckle :laughing:

I think my favourite news of this week would have to be increased support for Gadot. Unity’s policies always seemed a little hard to understand when I looked at them!

1 Like