176: OBS vs Streamlabs, APT Patched, Steam for Linux, Retro Gaming, Mesa | This Week in Linux

1 Like

@MichaelTunnell The car analogy was terrific!!! Good one, sir.

1 Like

I dont remember where I did the car analogy, if you dont mind, please let me know which topic it was in or share a timestamp because I am curious where it was now. I skimmed the episode and couldnt find it.

Gah! Never mind me. I was catching up on podcasts this week while working and got this episode confused with TWIL 166. You were discussing Linux From Scratch (Time: 33:33) and made an analogy between distros and autos. I had to stop working for a few minutes to think about this… and the more I thought about it, the more I liked it.

Thanks, @MichaelTunnell . I especially appreciate when you mention topics that are lower-level (like Mesa and Ubuntu Documentation) in acknowledging how important they are, although many end-users may only benefit from them through numerous end-user applications.

GSoC being extended sounds interesting to me. Having done my degree in Software Engineering back in the 90s but worked more in education than in industry, I might like to see if it could help me get back into IT industry too at some stage.