148: Ubuntu 21.04, Linux On Mars, Linux Kernel Bans University of Minnesota | This Week in Linux

Originally published at: 148: Ubuntu 21.04, Linux On Mars, Linux Kernel Bans University of Minnesota - Podcasts - TuxDigital

On this episode of This Week in Linux, NASA has successfully flown a Linux and Open Source powered craft on Mars! In Distro News, Ubuntu has released “Hirsuite Hippo” so if you’re an Ubuntu user you will certainly want to check out Ubuntu 21.04 or perhaps one of the 21.04 Ubuntu Flavours which have also…

2 Likes

Thanks, @MichaelTunnell for another very informative show. Great news with Ubuntu releases and Linux on Mars :slight_smile:

When I was doing research it did sometimes surprise me how pressure to publish a certain number of papers within a certain time to continue with renewal of academic contracts affected the tone and content of work being done. That was in the UK, going back a couple of decades. I don’t know how things are in the US but I certainly am glad steps were taken against deliberate attempts to submit open source code that was unworthy of inclusion.

I’ve always loved O’Reilly books and have taken advantage of the mentioned Humble Bundle with thanks!

1 Like

there are some interesting points with feedback I have received on this topic. I will be doing a follow up to this on 149.

Nice! thanks for using the affiliate links :smiley:

2 Likes