What applications are missing in Linux?

Been so long since I ran MS I have no clue, Acdeesee and picasa ?

Minigalaxy has actually added the ability to attempt to run your windows GOG game via wine. I am not sure if it’s using just the local system version of wine or if you can customize it.

What would be the benefit of minigalaxy over Lutris? It seems Lutris is the more mature project for this. Also has GOG integration.

I would second that. MiniGalaxy is too simple for my taste. For example there’s no monitoring of downloads. I had trouble with a game where downloads were stalling. No time remaining, no speed, no commands…
You don’t even get a page or something when clicking on the game.
Lutris works better for me and can work with other platforms :+1:

A robust VPN manager with persistence, split tunneling, auto-try list when a server is down, ICMP check to tell whether the VPN is down or your Internet connection is down and a kill switch that doesn’t leak your IP when changing servers.

1 Like

I would love to see GOG Galaxy on Linux (it’s completely open source!), but I don’t believe it’s going to happen. For one, GOG is already targeting a niche of gamers who passionately oppose DRM, and making Linux a first-class citizen on top of that might not be financially viable. For another, CD Projekt Group (GOG’s parent company) was left with a bad taste in their mouth when they tried to port The Witcher 2 to Linux way back when.

1 Like

Zwift :frowning: I have a Windows 10 VM just for when I need to spin up Zwift and hop on my bike to ride at a wall for two hours. I’ve been close to getting it to work with Lutris and I’ve dug through as many how-to’s etc that I can find but I’ve had no luck getting it to work.