U.S. exec order directs agencies to pursue net neutrality, antitrust action, ISP competition and right to repair

Making money is not altruistic in modern economy whatever the wrapping you try to put on. It’s making money first which I understand because “people gotta eat” but once again you deny the drawbacks. Allow businesses to run shouldn’t be at all costs and Net Neutrality is wider than what you present.

I used the Agate server. My Digital Ocean credits ran out so I turned mine off for now lol but I did set one up in a VM on Devuan with SysV init though just for fun.

Actually, this comes from the competition, not Net Neutrality.

In my case, the services are not identical and neither is the cost, although both companies claim to be superior to the other. I’ve been a customer of both companies and their support, or lack of support from one company drove me to the other. This highlights another need for competition. Without competition, companies cut budgets and support is usually one of the first areas to suffer.

1 Like

Or due to competition and customers easily swayed by lower prices they cut into the budget. There’s always a good reason to cut for these bigger corporations :man_shrugging:t2::crazy_face:

1 Like

Very true. Having worked for some of these big companies, I can tell you that their focus on customer churn and what they are willing to do to control the churn is scary.

2 Likes