TWIL Visuals Feedback Poll

What do you think of the Flipped Visuals of 180 vs the previous style of 178?

I did the flip as a joke but I have received quite a few comments that people like the flipped style better. Let me know what you think in this poll. :smiley:

• I prefer 178 style
  • I prefer 180 flipped style
  • I don’t have a preference
  • Other (please comment for details)

0 voters

3 Likes

180: Linux 5.16, Linux Mint, elementary OS, KDE, Ubuntu Gaming, Pinephone | This Week in Linux 180 - YouTube
178: Blender 3.0, EndeavourOS, CentOS Stream 9, Steam Deck, NixOS, CrossOver | This Week in Linux 178 - YouTube

180 below:

178 below:

2 Likes

I think the eye flow of 180 is better.

3 Likes

I like the episode thumbnail of 178 better but at more neutral about the scene of 180. In the 178 scene the penguin is watching the content and in the 180 scene it has its back to the content.

1 Like

I never watch the show (I only listen to the podcast) but just looking at the visuals I’d say the 180 looks better.

As I said I never watch the show, but what would make it more animated would be switching between left and right? But it could also be “jumpy”

Also (maybe even a better suggestion) is cropping your video more square or even as a vertical video to take up more from that emptiness on the side? And equalise the space above and below it? :thinking:

1 Like

I didn’t actually notice the change while rushing through mainly listening to the podcasts as I’m a few weeks behind, but I definitely prefer the 180 style. (Thank you @Ulfnic for making this easy find and vote on quickly!)

2 Likes

I had no idea what he was talking about as I get this via the podcast. Thanks for answering my unasked question.

3 Likes

I like the 180 flip. There are a few factors that go into this. I can’t speak in detail about neuro marketing components such as the “corner of death”, perceived weight and depth, etc… But I can tell you that most people have a dominant eye that influences their opinion of favorable visuals. I’m left eyed dominant due to an accident and that influences my preference of the 180 layout.

1 Like