Spotify - Kudos to them

I do not think you bothered to read them

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1425210718568202243?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1425210718568202243|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thegatewaypundit.com%2F2021%2F08%2Fbreaking-youtube-suspends-senator-rand-paul%2F

I have since learned that Aurora only has free apps since paying for an app without asking for personally identifying information, ie. Credit card, would be difficult. Also, paid apps are linked to your account so you donā€™t have to buy them again if you get a new phone.

On the other topicā€¦ just talk to your doctor about whats right for you. Some of us are advised not to get vaccinated, miracle of science or not.

2 Likes

This is unlikely and possibly quackery. There are very few diseases or health conditions which have been recommended to not receive the vaccine.

You just did it again with the Rand Paul video.

Rand Paul only speaks to the particle size of the virus not the effectiveness of masks.

(In the totally legitimate independent interview that he set up for his social media.)

To clarify, the masks donā€™t block the individual virus particles, that would be stupid. If Iā€™m wearing a mask and I have Covid and I cough, The mask catches the particles from the productive cough. When combined with social distancing it drops the likelihood of transmission.

1 Like

Different cultures have radically different scopes and interpretations of how those qualify. For example a rudimentary political stance of suggesting jails should be divided by biological sex is between 0 and 2 counts of oppression and harassment against marginalized groups depending on the interpreter.

Thatā€™s an incomprehensible claim to make. This isnā€™t a boxing match where you need to be quick on the swing.

Iā€™m not trying to draw false eqivalence here but iā€™ve yet to see a large platform that doesnā€™t have a ton of bad actors. Facebookā€™s record would make the worst of Gab blush.

I donā€™t have a position on Corona (which is sure to annoy 100% of people) but iā€™ve seen a lot of very compelling, often highly un-intuitive evidence for and against various measures. Iā€™ve had to fight for that information because bans disproportionally affect popular videos which acts as a perverse selective pressure against ones containing good information (as they tend to rise).

Combined with Big Techā€™s heavy cultural leanings and how Coronaā€™s been adopted as a cultural issue, the result has been one-sided suppression of the best opposing arguments leaving behind a clown act thatā€™s often used to summarize anyone in disagreement.

Dr. Robert Malone is the inventor of mRNA Vaccine technology that made the Phizer and Moderna vaccines possible. He got himself and his family vaccinated and was an avid supporter. I had to go to Odysee to watch his interview because Youtube almost removed the interviewerā€™s channel for allowing Dr. Malone to discuss the recent lab findings on the vaccines along with recommendations because they ran counter-narrative.

If the inventor of the mRNA Vaccine tech canā€™t talk about lab findings about the mRNA Vaccine tech but lesser qualified doctors can if they reach approved conclusions, then youā€™ll keep seeing ridiculous debates where everyoneā€™s justifiably certain they know the truth because the scentific method of challenging information has been replaced with a good guy/bad guy clown show. If thatā€™s not a good reason to be choosy about a platform I donā€™t know what is.

Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Just donā€™t lump every un-vaccinated person into the ā€œconspiracy lunaticā€ category, is all Iā€™m saying. In Canada the list of things to consult your doctor about before getting the shot or before the second shot is quite varied. Theoretically a person and their doctor could decide not to get the vaccine for a lot of different reasons, itā€™s not my place to judge.

Iā€™m not in the US, so I donā€™t experience this controversy(?) the same way. So forgive my none-sens, our fuel economy definitely variesā€¦

Could you specify what are you trying to prove with this article? It doesnā€™t make any claims that would contradict my points. Quite the opposite, it explain why someone might get the wrong idea about effectiveness of vaccines.

Similarly, all it says is that some vaccinated people can still infect others. This might seem, like a problem to my case, but if you think about it for a bit and read whole thing carefully, itā€™s not. Nobody claims vaccines are 100% effective. The whole point is to reduce deaths and other covid-related problems ā€“ which they do. Quoting your own source:

While numerous studies have shown that the vaccines donā€™t work as well against the delta variant as they did against other strains, health officials say they are still highly effective, especially in protecting against severe illness and death. Roughly 97% of new hospitalizations and 99.5% of deaths in the U.S. are among unvaccinated individuals, U.S. health officials repeated this week.

Itā€™s difficult to know exactly what the claim Dr Fauci makes here is, because itā€™s cut out of context, so I decided to check what Dr Fauci really had to say about wearing masks and this is what quick search got me:

Masks are really for infected people to prevent them from spreading infection to people who are not infected rather than protecting uninfected people from acquiring infection.

This suggests his ā€œmasks donā€™t workā€ is about protecting the wearer, which indeed is true. The reason why he would advocate this is also explained by his more recent quote

originally, when we were talking about masks, you didnā€™t want to take them out of the availability of the people who really needed them, namely the people who were being health care providers,

which again, makes sense.

But we donā€™t need to stop at Dr Fauci, when judge effectiveness of masks. Here are some studies found by simply searching for ā€œmasks spread of virusesā€ in google scholar:
https://engrxiv.org/h3wgc/
https://science.sciencemag.org/content/372/6549/1439.abstract
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0020748920301139
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0927796X20300528

I donā€™t see a point in arguing on semantics, so instead let me ask you two questions on a somehow hyperbolic example.

Letā€™s say I have a Twitter account with many followers on which I post full blown fascist propaganda. I advocate literal genocide of people and post public information about people i consider targets, for others to attack them.
Letā€™s also say Twitter decided to ban me for that.

• Is this a censorship?
  • Should Twitter be able to ban such people?
1 Like

Given how proliferated politics and culture is itā€™s hard to have an honest or decent discussion on some topics without getting into them sometimes and that freedom is a great part of the forum.

Itā€™s not however a blank check to move a discussion into a pure Covid boxing match on a Linux forum.

2 Likes

We could always move this thread to the Uncategorized section since the OP wasnā€™t actually about Linux or a specific Application either (it was about censorship). The thread has been here since last October so iā€™m not sure why subject matter matters now.

That being said, I think ā€œputting this to bedā€œ isnā€™t the worst course of action.

Do you want me to ask Michael his thoughts on Covid mask debates on the forum?

I donā€™t think cultural differences are in any way an obstacle for having a good idea what f-droid team meant when they used those words.

Thereā€™s a very big difference on having bad content, just because of size of your platform and having a platform making a point of welcoming such content.

There are few important issues here.

• Most talking points I see arenā€™t really a matter of opinion, but facts that people can check and itā€™s not that difficult.
  • While we are on the internet, so people are quick to judge, itā€™s not like people canā€™t post anything slightly wrong without fear of being erased. The misinformation is doing better than ever and person in question was banned for only a week and only on fifth offense.
  • Many people have needlessly died because of this.

All that being said, I donā€™t exactly advocate for the bans in this scenario. Iā€™m not really sure they are that effective.

What I am saying however, is that Twitter should be able to have its rules about those kind of thing. If I donā€™t like rules they have, I will say those rules are stupid or bad, or should be changed, but opposing having moderation at all is pretty stupid.

Same thing, Iā€™m not claiming Youtubeā€™s system is good. In fact I agree itā€™s badly implemented.