Seems like they're back :-)

From The Register:

1 Like

The multiple-choice at the bottom is on point.

2 Likes

No idea who’s responsible but I did enjoy both the films and novels of 2001 and 2010. Didn’t finish 2061, which I think followed. May give it another try soon.

1 Like

Whoa. Didn’t know there were novels too. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Aaaaand they’re gone again.

1 Like

Does anyone find it strange that the D in the DLN logo has a top down view of the monolith pointing to the same gap and it disappeared Late at Night?

2 Likes

Those aliens really didn’t want to pay fines and possible jail time.

If you zoom out on the map it actually points towards a small shop called Denise’s Limited Mugs.

4 Likes

Couldn’t they just shape-shift and squeeze through between the bars if apprehended, like in the X Files, I wonder?

1 Like

I want to believe…

1 Like

Here’s your chance because it seems they’re on a European tour now.

*“My guess is that some alien, cheeky and terrible teenagers left home with their parents’ UFO and started planting metal monoliths around the world. First in Utah and then at Piatra Neamt,” he added. “I am honored that they chose our city.” :rofl:

1 Like

My guess is that UFOs are Linux-powered. It’s already on the space station, I think it’s gone further than we previously knew :wink:

1 Like

:grin: Next thing you know, somebody’s telling us that V-ger want’s the creator. :blush:

RE: Linux powered - that explains why they used a mac to upload a virus in Independence Day! Who knew that Jeff Goldblum had Admin privileges to UFO space craft?!

1 Like

Or was that a pre-BSD days powerbook? I’ll have to watch that again to check, now.

Not need to inflict yourself that while you can just fire up Wikipedia :wink: :grinning:
Independence Day was out in 1996 and Mac OS X came around 1999.

1 Like

Well, if they come wearing @MichaelTunnell 's “Linux is Everywhere” tee-shirt, I’ll trust them. If they’re in “Microsoft :heart: Linux” shirt’s they’re “Mars Attacks!” style :laughing:

1 Like

Just in time… :laughing:

2 Likes