Scrcpy on openSUSE | Display and Control Android devices over USB

Scrcpy on openSUSE is a fantastic tool to Display and Control Android devices over USB or even wirelessly. This is great for those that aren’t as much of a fan of the mobile interface. It isn’t something I would necessarily use every day but it is certainly something I use from time to tome. Great way to demonstrate something and “project” it onto another screen.

4 Likes

It works on other distros also. :wink: I found this a few months ago, and never got around to testing it much. (Manjaro) I’m the kind of person that doesn’t install ANY social media apps on my phone, but granted it would be handy for the messages I get from family. But then again, I rarely even plug my phone into my main computer. heh

1 Like

You can also view the display using your network. There is ADB over TCP/IP. USB seems to be faster tho.

1 Like

I’m one of those grympy old bastards who hate touch keyboards and small screens so this suits me perfect. Started using it the other day and it really is a great compliment to KDE connect.

Might even have to carry my laptop with me at all times so I can use my phone :smile:

1 Like

BINGO!!! I have done that more than once. Though, I tend to go with the KDE Connect keyboard, this solution is a good alternate.

1 Like