SBC's beside the Pi - Any good ones, favorites etc?

Adventurous noobs could also check out PINN.

All Pi bets are off. I’m going x86.

2 Likes

The problem with that thing is the eMMC is soldered on, unlike the Pine64’s Rock64 and RockPro64

1 Like

I also have no idea where/how to get one.

and even if I knew… I couldn’t afford one.

This plan has a lot of holes…

Yeah, it took me a while to find it

1 Like

4GB RAM model avail. in 32GB and 64GB eMMC versions.

$75 and $85

$7.99 heatsink.

So beautifulllllll :3 :3 :3

Thanks @Trent

1 Like

I wonder if the heatsink is required. I have a tablet I bought which came with Windows 8.1, and later upgraded to Windows 10. It also has those processors. For S&Gs, I installed Visual Studio on it since it came with 64GB eMMC storage. It performs quite well on it.

How could we fail to notice the new Raspberry Pi 400? (Note: it has no built-in sound, but a Bluetooth headset or earpiece may work, or hopefully your HDMI monitor has built-in speakers, or a linux-compatible USB dongle with audio-out may also work):

1 Like

Imho, the sound circuitry on the Pi has been less than stellar and picks up interference so easily. I’m not mourning the loss.

I do like that old wedge computer style expansion port on the back with the GPIO pins. Although I’ve said before, I LOVE the wedge form factor. Maybe someone can produce a hifiberry-style DAC board?

I will buy one, when they release the Raspberry Pi 800 (8 GB model) :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Reminds me so much of the Commodores :grinning:

2 Likes

Commodores?

It’s all about the Pentiums!

"You think your Commodore 64 is neato. What kind of chip you got in there, a Dorito?"

1 Like