Prompt access to the shows via DLN discourse, please?

I agree that one giant conversation isnt ideal either. I prefer organized discussions like this forum but real time chatting is nice at times too. Overall, I do prefer the forum.

3 Likes

I think it would be super awesome (and a great way to integrate a community source) to put up maybe the telegram chat (or some form of way the community could integrate with the show real time) on the screen during a DLN episode.

I realize they aren’t streamed live, but maybe a portion of the show could be grabbing a current topic being discussed by the community (real time). And what better way to grab it than through one of the official communication links.

Could bring more exposure to the forums, telegram, irc, etc (depending on which one is used and adverted during the show)

I like this idea. Since I produce the notes and topics for the show each week I can post one of the topics we will cover here to get everyone’s opinion and we can discuss some of those comments during the topic on the show. That would be a pretty cool way of getting more of your voices into the show.

5 Likes

I’m luke warm about getting voices on the show unless they’re your peers. It’s kind of like when network news asks the opinion of “the man on the street”. It’s why I find it hard listening to Ask Noah Show because it’s like watching a Minecraft map unfold doing it’s darn best with RNG. I get the giving back aspect and a small degree of anything isn’t so bad, just sharing my thoughts on the pitfalls.

But getting an opportunity to help the show’s information gathering prior to release? That’s a BIGGGG deal. Even on semi-decided topics ask a herd big enough and you’re sure to get someone filling in a gap or giving you an interesting point of view that might make a good show even better. From a filtered contribution perspective it’s just seriously positive.

2 Likes