Namespace document blank?

Apologies for the strange topic title. I don’t know it’s name in english. (the text box below the document, where you type the name of the document you just created)
When i create a document on the desktop, the box below (where you enter the document’s name) doesn’t show any text. It seems to stay blank. But when i hit enter, the text appears.
How do i get that text visible?

• Distribution & Version = Linux Mint 20
  • Kernel information = 5.4.0-65-generic
  • When did the issue start happening = Noticed this today
  • Did anything change that caused it? = Not that i’m aware of.
  • What steps do you take that cause the problem? = Create a new document, on the desktop.

What DE version and nemo version do you have?
I tried to recreate this but I could not.

I am on Mint 20.1
Kernel: 5.4.0-60-generic
Cinnamon: 4.8.6
Nemo: 4.8.4

It’s occurred to me that your theme might be doing something weird here. What theme are you using?

I’m on Mint 20 (on the laptop, which has the same problem as the desktop)
Kernel = 5.4.0-65-generic
Cinnamon = Cinnamon 4.6.7
Nemo = 4.6.4
Theme = Adwaita-dark [GTK2/3]

I only have Adwaita available for icons and controls. Try changing the controls theme to something light and test that out. That particular theme setting usually gives me troubles inside applications when messing around with themes. Did you download that theme from somewhere?

I used what was available, didn’t download anything.
I’ll try the suggestions you gave and report back.

Thanks for the tips!

I really think it is a theme issue. Try to change to the default theme and then you could determine it.

The default is Mint-Y and even that one has problems e.g. with Rhythmbox, it does not display the status bar, it looks invisible or like you said is blank. But when you switch to the dark one or something other than Mint-Y you can see the status bar again.

Switching themes didn’t fix it.
No matter what theme i use, it stays the same.
It’s a minor issue compared with the trouble you ran into with Rythmbox.
Stil, it’s puzzling.