Internet Monopoly and Censorship

I’ll do you one better… should people not only be allowed to display Nazi flags but also fly them while doing a march in cities that don’t want them there?

The intuitive answer is no. The majority should be able to overthrow the minority in cases of severe ideological disagreement.

Though i’m remind of Alan Turing who broke the Nazi enigma codes providing an invaluable leg up for the allies and saving countless lives. He commit suicide after the war because the majority in the UK had decided he should go to jail or be castrated for being gay, he chose the later.

I don’t mean to be heavy handed here… but I think the devil’s in the details when we start talking about a society that feels it should pick and choose who has human rights, a similar example from the same time is the U.S. internment camps for Americans of Japanese descent or ancestry. Even the Bill of Rights can’t stop a majority sufficiently comfortable with the idea that people they don’t like shouldn’t have rights.

I think it’s the bigger picture that denies the intuitive. That a society has to give human rights to all humans in order to progress lest they be forever captured by ideological mob rule. That minorities depend on this stance being without question and the ultimate rebuke of Nazism is to say that we’re all equal and endowed with inalienable rights.